Sicamous has always been touted as a 4 season playground and rightfully so. There is a lot to do and experience in the Shuswap on top of all the summer lake activities like houseboating, wakeboarding, and jet skiing.
We will try to shed some light on some of the additional activities you can experience in Sicamous and the Shuswap throughout the year.
Don’t forget to check out our reports or submit your own! We would love to post your experiences fishing, golfing, tasing wine, skiing, sledding, or anything else for that matter! Just visit our contact page.
Summer in Sicamous
- Houseboating is arguably the most popular reason for people to come to Sicamous. Definitely something everyone should experience at some point in their lives. There are three main houseboat providers in Sicamous with various sizes of boats to fit your needs.
- Water sports is also right up there with houseboating and in many cases they go hand-in-hand. You can find people being towed behind boats on a tube or wakeboard every day during the summer as well as jet skis ripping around all over the lake. Many people also take the time to visit many of the beaches available along the shore throughout the Shuswap Lake system.
- Did you know about all the wineries in the Shuswap? Do yourself a favour and take the time to visit some of them. You will not be disappointed.
- The Shuswap Trail Alliance is responsible for building and maintaining the vast network of trails in the Shuswap. The possibilities are endless for any type of trail sport like hiking, mountain biking, motor biking, equestrian, and more!
- Golfing is also a very popular must do in the Shuswap. Everything from simple par 3 9-hole courses to world class 18-hole championship courses are available. In many cases there is a course that is likely only a few minutes away from wherever you are.
Winter in Sicamous
- Snowmobiling is by far the biggest draw to Sicamous in the winter. The consensus from the sledders who visit the surrounding mountains is that the experience is world class and still relatively untouched in the grand scheme of things. If you are looking to experience world class snowmobiling you owe it to yourself to try the mountains surrounding Sicamous.
- Skiing/Snowboarding is another activity you can experience in as little as a 45 minute drive. Sicamous is right in between two world class ski resorts. Revelstoke Mountain Resort and Silver Star in Vernon less than an hour away from Sicamous. If you don’t mind driving a little further then you can also visit Sun Peaks Resort just outside Kamloops.
- We already touched on the Shuswap Trail Alliance but that was just for the summer! Many trails are open during the winter as well for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
Year Round Activities
- Fishing is arguably the only activity you can do in the Shuswap virtually year round. There is only about a month or two in the winter where sections of the lake may freeze over and using your boat could be tough. Outside of this small window you can be catching trout and kokanee on a regular basis!